Dos and don’ts of a one-night stand
A one-night stand can be the type of experience that you’d describe either as the best thing ever or a total disaster. So the approach you take is what makes the difference between success and failure. We all know that one-night stands should be carefree, spontaneous and rule breaking. Even so you should keep in mind the following when deciding:
1. DO allow yourself to have a one-night stand – there’s absolutely nothing wrong about casual sex and it helps a lot to manage depression and anxiety as well as it helps building self-confidence.
2. DON’T hook up with a friend – always but always avoid getting involved with a person that you know. Believe those who did it and said that it was the worth mistake of their lives.
3. DO take advantage of online dating – with so many apps and websites where you can find thousands of partners for casual sex it’d be just a waste not to use them.
4. DON’T forget about protection – as said before, there’s nothing wrong with having sex with unknown persons, but especially when it happens make sure you protect yourself by using a condom.
5. DO be up front about your expectations and intentions – just be honest about what you’re looking for and about what you’d be expecting from your potential one-night stand partners.
6. DON’T be shy… speak your mind and act as you feel. Getting naked and having sex with someone you don’t know much about isn’t the most comfortable thing. But don’t forget that person’s looking for exactly the same thing you’re looking for so just make sure you don’t play shy.
7. DO be sober – enjoying some cocktails is great especially for getting in the right mood, but more than that can turn you into a disaster, there are many ladies who’d enjoy having sex with a drunk stranger.